Monday, June 21, 2010

It's About Time...

I can't believe that it has been one whole year, "plus", since we were in England and France! Where has the time gone?

In front of Big Ben, and to the left of Westminster Abbey, London, England April 2009

Just one year later, April 2010, the baptism of our first Grandchild, Olivia.


Four generations of Sorenson's

Grandpa Nile Jr., Great-Grandpa Nile Sr., Daddy Eric and 8th birthday girl, Olivia


The three Nile's
Nile Sr., Nile Jr., and baby Nile Ronald Cook, Christine's new baby

The end of May we were able to attend the graduation of our Son, Eric, from Westminster College, as he received his MBA. Can you tell we are some proud parents?
Congratulations, Eric!

While we were in town for the Commencement, Grandson Ian celebrated his 5th Birthday!

The family birthday party was a big success and great fun! Cousins Elizabeth (not pictured) and Andrew, Mom and Dad, Olivia, Grandmas and Grandpas Tedeschi and Sorenson, Aunt Emily and Uncle Ryan all attended Ian's birthday bash!


The next day Eric and Angela hosted a Sorenson/Shaw/Compton BBQ. It was fun to reconnect and enjoy each other's company. Thanks, Eric and Angela, for this opporutnity!


In early June, Eric and Angela and family came to vacation in Southern California. While they were here we took in an Angel's Baseball game & it just happened to be on our 37th anniversary! I couldn't have done anything I love to do more than go to an Angel's game on my anniversary, so I was in HEAVEN (no pun intended) to be in the company of my Angel's!

However, they lost miserably that night!

We decided to take the Grandkids camping, so off to Wrightwood we went, tents, sleeping bags, firewood, flashlights and all! Only problem was that it has been a number of years since we've done family camping, so we forgot some key items - like the spaghetti sauce, salt and I forget what else. But, we managed to have a great time, nonetheless!

We hiked and explored, climbed up dead trees for pictures...

caught lizards and found a caterpillar spinning a cocoon! High adventure, is what I'd call it!

One post script is necessary....the end of April, Ryan & Emily, Andrew and Elizabeth came to California for a week's vacation, and I did not take ONE picture! Can you believe it? I am so sorry, Parker family! I'll do better in the future...I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Yea mom! You did it! You got your pictures downloaded and put together an AWESOME post! I'm so proud of you. And...I'm jealous that you went to an Angel game. We've got to go to one when we come in September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the photos very much. It looks like you had a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete