On my birthday in March, 2007, my Mother called to wish me a "Happy Birthday." In our phone conversation, she told me a few of the particulars concerning the day that I was born. Although she had told me some of this information before, there was something in her voice that day that made me pay attention and write it down.
The thought crossed my mind that this might be the last time she ever tells the story of the day of my birth again...for she was "94 and a half ", as she liked to say. My Mother died less than a year later, so I was right in my assumption that this would be the last time I would hear her tell me the story of my birth.
She said that it was early on a Saturday morning, the sun was shining, and I was born. She said that soon after I was delivered, Daddy left for a Stake welfare assignment, and she thought that it was so funny that he would have to tell everyone that they had just had another girl. He had felt so certain that I would be a boy, and had told everyone that they were having a boy.
Mother said that she just laughed and laughed that he would now be explaining about his new baby girl.
I have had a good birthday! My family and friends have been so kind and generous to me. All of my children have called me, and it was so good to talk with them! I am also humbled that so many of my friends, especially, remembered my special day with their cards, thoughtful gifts and even my favorite flower, daffodils. I am truly blessed!
Happy Birthday! My mother used to call me on my birthday and relate the events of the day when I was born. I wish I'd written it down as you did. Now I know where she got that tradition! I hope you had a wonderful day! I look forward to seeing you in June.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good birthday Mom! Did you try the pineapple thing yet?
ReplyDeleteBreta, Happy Belated Birthday! I am so happy it was a good one. I am glad you wrote down what Grandmother told you about your birthday. I wish I had written down what my Mother told me. I remember some of it and have written it down.
ReplyDelete