She was truly a remarkable woman! I have been going through some old family keepsakes just recently, and I am amazed at this woman whom I had the privilege of calling, Mother.She always reminded the three of us girls that her Patriarchal blessing referred to us as her "choice jewels", and yet we thought of her as"our treasure". In Proverbs 31 we read, "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies....Her children arise up,and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all."
It is fitting that I close with this line from my Mother's Patriarchal blessing: "...and while time lasts, your name shall be remembered among your descendants as one of God's noble daughters, and the results of your work shall never end."
And so it is, and shall be! I love you, Mother.
I have been thinking of Grandmother today. Karrie and Ashley even remembered that it was her birthday! She was truly remarkable. What a blessing to be her Granddaughter! Thank you for the lovely picture and thoughts!
ReplyDeleteI too have been thinking about Grandmother all day. I read her blessing the other day. It was a beautiful blessing.
ReplyDeleteI know she is grateful that she didn't live to be 97 years old! She was the greatest grandmother that anyone could be blessed with. She was a great exemple to her grandchildren and will forever be remembered. She is missed!!
ReplyDeleteMy grandmother was a great source of support and comfort to me and I'm grateful I had so many years with her. What a wonderful woman!
ReplyDelete