Saturday, February 13, 2010

Rachel's Visit


Rachel has been in California these past nine days while Nathan was working hard on his comprehensives in Iowa! We had a great time, and accomplished so much while she was here. We took part of her last day to go bowling (I had the low score) and then ate lunch at In & Out, our favorite hamburger joint. Later that afternoon we captured photos outside our home of Rachel, Mary, me and Dad.




While she was here, Rachel and I were able to work on quite a bit of my Dad's family history by compiling a notebook representing my Dad's life, which is now full of the autobiographical information, newspaper clippings, old letters, certificates and other tidbits I had in my home, but had never been gathered into one place and arranged. Since Rachel is a great organizer, I knew she was just the right person to help with this project. What a great start for me to hopefully be able to write a history of my Father! Thanks for all your help, Rachel! Now, on to organizing Grandma Lillie's life story!














3 comments:

  1. You're welcome Mom! I'm glad I was able to help. It was a lot of fun and I REALLY enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful and productive visit with Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mary's hair!! Sounds like a great visit.

    ReplyDelete